Adaptec 2940AU problems

Post by Steve Room » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

I've got an Adaptec 2940AU which doesn't seem to want to work with
FreeBSD.

It's all a bit strange because I am pretty certain everything is set
up correctly (hardware wise)..

The boot floppy (2.1.5) just fails to notice anything other than
Adaptec pci0:9 device 0xsomethingorother.
(i.e. It just can't find any discs attached to it =( )

So I pulled a preinstalled disc out of another machine and plugged
into the card.. Now this gets right through most of the bootup until...

->>> changing root device to sd0a
->>> panic: cannot mount root

Mmmmm, well, seems odd to me ??
I heard someone say that it works under one of the more recent
2.2 snaps, and if so then can someone be so kind as to tell me
how to get it working (without getting the snap, which I can't
do on this modem line, but I can download kernel source though)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

        Steve Confused.

1. Adaptec 2940AU problems

I recently purchased an Adaptec 2940AU adapter for my system and am
having problems getting Linux to see it. I am using the Adaptec 2940
boot diskette but it does not report my SCSI setup.  I have a quantum
3.2 GB Ultra SCSI-3 drive hooked up to the 2940.  I also have a Mitsumi
12x IDE CD-ROM drive hooked to the M/B. Does the standard 2940 boot disk
support the 2940AU? I didn't see any mention of it. I am using a Pentium
Pro 180 on the Intel Venus M/B. 64MB RAM, and a SoundBlaster 32PnP. Is
this not going to work?

Jared

2. Elographics Touchscreen as Mouse replacement

3. Adaptec 2940AU problem

4. sometimes-rpc!! anyone!!

5. Problem with Adaptec 2940AU

6. proxyall firewall setup?

7. Problem with adaptec 2940AU and HP Brio

8. requested help from anyone with maintenance contract

9. problems with ADAPTEC 2940AU

10. Problem with PCI and Adaptec 2940AU

11. Adaptec 2940AU/SyJet boot problem

12. Adaptec AHA-2940AU problem

13. Boot problems with Red Hat Linux and Adaptec 2940AU