openoffice package available?

Post by Dave Pimlot » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:00:03

I'm trying to find a package for openoffice v1 (or higher) the latest
links on groups.google.com come up empty.

Is there somewhere I can download this from... I don't have the 6GB (?)
of disk space required to build it, and I don't relish the idea of
downloading the sources over a dialup... In fact a CD with native
FreeBSD binaries would be even better.

I am willing to pay for someones time / effort / media / postage to
acquire a copy.  If you are seriously considering doing this, contact me
- the address in the headers *will* get to me.

Thanks in advance.

Dave Pimlott

openoffice package available?

Post by Axel Grune » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:35:08

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002 20:00:03 +0100

Quote:> Is there somewhere I can download this from... I don't have the 6GB
> (?) of disk space required to build it, and I don't relish the idea of

> downloading the sources over a dialup... In fact a CD with native
> FreeBSD binaries would be even better.

I was also shocked to see how much space i need to build openoffice, so
i start to search...

Quote:> I am willing to pay for someones time / effort / media / postage to
> acquire a copy.  If you are seriously considering doing this, contact
> me - the address in the headers *will* get to me.

...and found something. You dont have to pay. You just have to got to:
http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/

There you will find packages, compiled. So, just download them, and
install.
It worked perfectly for me.

hth

--
asg

Und woher haben Sie Ihre Meinung?

Post by John Nielse » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 04:50:02

> I'm trying to find a package for openoffice v1 (or higher) the latest
> links on groups.google.com come up empty.

> Is there somewhere I can download this from... I don't have the 6GB (?)
> of disk space required to build it, and I don't relish the idea of
> downloading the sources over a dialup... In fact a CD with native
> FreeBSD binaries would be even better.

> I am willing to pay for someones time / effort / media / postage to
> acquire a copy.  If you are seriously considering doing this, contact me
> - the address in the headers *will* get to me.

Martin Blapp has been providing FreeBSD packages of OpenOffice for a little
while now.  They are available at
 http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice.

JN

--
Remove pig-latin to reply by e-mail

Post by mic.. » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:52:06

> I'm trying to find a package for openoffice v1 (or higher) the latest
> links on groups.google.com come up empty.
> Is there somewhere I can download this from... I don't have the 6GB (?)
> of disk space required to build it, and I don't relish the idea of
> downloading the sources over a dialup... In fact a CD with native
> FreeBSD binaries would be even better.
> I am willing to pay for someones time / effort / media / postage to
> acquire a copy.  If you are seriously considering doing this, contact me
> - the address in the headers *will* get to me.

I have found a precompiled version on a .ch site, which has been indicated
on this newsgroup. Unfortunately i don't remember the link.

Quote:> Thanks in advance.

--
Michel Talon

Post by Dave Pimlot » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:29:51

> Martin Blapp has been providing FreeBSD packages of OpenOffice for a little
> while now.  They are available at
>  http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice.

John,

I found a link to imp.ch, but the link dated mid june this year didn't
work... thanks for the updated link!

thanks to everyone else who replied.

Dave Pimlott.