2.2.5-3.0 File system compatibility

Post by Kurt Schafe » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Installed a 3.0 snapshot to test SMP functionality and would now like to
'downgrade' back to 2.2.5 stable.

I've got 2 partitions (on two seperate hard drives) that I would like to
preserve if at all possible. If I re-install 2.2.5, will I be able to mount
the drives without needing to newfs them ?

TIA

= K

1. Enhanced Filing system - file system like DEC Advanced File system for Linux

    Some time ago I was involved in discussion on this news group regarding the
design of a new file system for Linux.  The main aim is to support dynamic size
changing by adding/removing partitions from the file system at run time without
interrupting processes that are using the file system.  Another major feature is
logging so that a system crash or power failure can be recovered from without
data loss or an excessive amount of time spent running FSCK.

  This project is now going ahead, if you are interested then please load up the
following URL: http://www.virtual.net.au/~rjc/enh-fs.html

Russell Coker

2. Gentoo

3. Problem Updating RH5.0 to kernel-2.0.32-3 w/pcmcia-cs-2.9.12-3

4. opinions on book:The Complete FreeBSD book

5. g++-3.0 is very slow

6. SOP: 1 of 2

7. Free- v. Net- file system compatibility

8. libX11.so.6 not found!!!

9. File system compatibility

10. Linux file system compatibility with Jaz drives

11. Coherent file systems compatibility

12. "Standard Journaled File System" vs "Large File Enabled Journaled File System"

13. Verizon DSL + RedHat 7.2 + RP PPPoE 3.2-3 = system hangs