Problem installing modem

Post by dac » Tue, 04 Dec 2001 09:22:17

I recently installed FreeBSD 4.3 without problems.
While installing, I configured PPP access and it worked fine (I think)
At least the modem worked. It's an old GVC 14.4 Kbps (internal)
The thing is that after installing, I can't seem to use my modem...
I checked sio1 (my modem is installed in COM2) to check IRQ, IO, etc
and everything is fine. (I don't have /dev/sio1 entry though...is it
normal?)
Also, sending AT commands to /dev/cuaa1 doesn't work either...
Running ppp in terminal mode neither...so the problem is with the
modem configuration...
Where should I look? I read the handbook and some links but couldn't
find the answer...

BTW the modem works fine with Linux & Windows...

David.

Reply: remove the _nospam_

1. Problem Installing Modem with RedHat 6.0

I am trying to get my ISA PnP modem (Supra 288i Sp) to work with RedHat
Linux 6.0.  The modem worked fine with RedHat 5.1.  I set the IO to
0x03e8 and IRQ to 7 in isapnp.conf.  I made sure there were not
conflicts with other interrupts and io points by checking
/proc/interrupts and /proc/iopoints.  When I run "isapnp isapnp.conf", I
get the following message.

Board 1 has Identity 4f 00 00 5b 9b 40 14 b0 4e:  SUP1440 Serial No
23451 [checksum 4f]
Board 2 has Identity e5 ff ff ff ff 70 00 8c 0e:  CTL0070 Serial No -1
[checksum e5]
isapnp.conf:49 -- Fatal - resource conflict allocating 8 bytes of IO at
3E8 (see isapnp.conf) isapnp.conf:49 -- Fatal - Error occurred executing
request '<IORESCHECK> ' --- further action aborted

Board 1 is my modem.  I tried using other iopoints and IRQ, but I always
get the same error.  I generated isapnp.conf with pnpdump and I am able
to install my sound card with no problems.  The modem is installed on
COM3 under Windows.  Can anyone please help me.  Thanks

2. Getting mousewheel to work in X?

3. Modem install problem

4. bad/dup errors in

5. problems with SM56 motorola modem[installed files needed,but getting an error message]

6. demuxing Tripwire output in to one report

7. modem Motorola SM56 PCI install problems on RedHat's Linux 6.1

8. UFS vs. VxFS

9. Problem Installing US Robotics Sportster 56k Modem on RH 5.0

10. installing modem problems ?

11. Problems installing my LT 56Kflex modem

12. Problem installing PC Card Modem.

13. Modem problem since installing NIC.