X terminalclient with audio ?

Post by Thomas Wild » Mon, 22 Jul 2002 02:57:11

Hi folks !

i've got some old (=slow) FreeBSD-boxes accessing one fast box as
terminalclients via xdmcp (using gnome/gdm). Everything is fine, but audio.
I didn't get any tone out of my old clients, when in query-mode.
Running the X-Server+Gnome locally does it.

I'm not familiar with the audio-subsystems of X/Gnome, my question is:
Do i need to add some piece of software for this functionality or should it
work with the default-installation but some special settings ?

thx
Thomas

1. Audio mixer for /dev/audio or USB audio?

Hi,

does anyone see a possibility for controlling /dev/audio? Is there
even a tool?

Background:

Im running a 2.4.13 kernel with a USB webcam (ToUCam Pro). The
built-in microphone is supported through the USB Audio class (and
accessable via /dev/audio). Everything works pretty well except audio
quality. The sound is scratchy on higher levels. All I want is to
lower the input level. The tools I have, smix and amixer, only
correspond with my soundcard (/dev/dsp).

The machine is a PC with SuSE, not a SUN/SPARC.

Thanks in advance
Greetings from snowy Berlin

Ulrich

2. socks5 so noisy!

3. AXi & PCI Audio Warning (Creative Ensoniq Audio PCI)

4. Application Launchers in FVWM

5. Crash in audio.o (USB Audio)

6. verifying Memory - E250 Sparc Solaris 7.0

7. Audio Excite 310 audio card with CMI8330 configuration

8. DEC 21040 Driver for linux 1.2.13?

9. Burning data/audio CD Error Audio

10. Real Audio 3.0/Solaris - "Can't open audio device"

11. Playing audio CD thru /dev/audio

12. Copying audio -> mounting audio cd??

13. Audio-card: Crystal PnP Audio System CODEC