The command completed successfully.
But when I try to browse the whole network, I get a logon failure:
$ net view
System error 1326 has occurred.
Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
This is an authentication problem. When I issue 'net view \\server' on the
client, the smbd log shows
[2003/11/02 06:55:03, 3] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(216)
check_ntlm_password: Checking password for unmapped user [CLIENT
[2003/11/02 06:55:03, 3] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(219)
But when I issue just 'net view', the smbd log instead shows
[2003/11/02 06:55:32, 3] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(216)
with the new password interface
[2003/11/02 06:55:32, 3] auth/auth.c:check_ntlm_password(219)
So for some reason the 'net view \\server' request is processing my user
name, but 'net view' isn't.
Any ideas what could cause this?
To reply by email, change "deadspam.com" to "alumni.utexas.net"
2. ls is just too strange
3. 'telnet' client fails when 'named' is up on server !!
4. Compiling error: modversions.h
5. server failed cannot find font : 'fixed'
6. linux + sunvideo
7. 'X-server cannot be started..' message
8. SCO 5 SUCKS! (OR IS IT JUST SCO?)
9. Netatalk: 'afpd' reports unresolved symbol '__xstat'
10. 'who' fails to report user on RedHat 6.0??
11. gcc 'cannot find cc1' and reports wrong version !!
12. 'Authentication failed' error from startx
13. 2.4.14-pre8: 'free' still reports bogus 'cached' value.