openoffice package?

Post by Mike Scot » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 18:50:41

I'm puzzled - given the resources needed to build Openoffice from
sources, I can't help but wonder why there's no official package!

Anyway, is ooopackages.good-day.net a reasonable place to pick up an
unofficial one? And will their latest, named for fbsd 8.1, run OK on 8.2?

TIA.

--
Mike Scott (unet2 <at> [deletethis] scottsonline.org.uk)
Harlow Essex England

openoffice package?

Post by John Levin » Thu, 16 Jun 2011 00:45:06

Quote:>I'm puzzled - given the resources needed to build Openoffice from
>sources, I can't help but wonder why there's no official package!

Probably because it's so hard to build.

Quote:>Anyway, is ooopackages.good-day.net a reasonable place to pick up an
>unofficial one? And will their latest, named for fbsd 8.1, run OK on 8.2?

I'm using their 3.3.0 package on 8.2 here.  Works for me.

R's,
John