How to provide security for PPP over TCP channel?

How to provide security for PPP over TCP channel?

Post by Alexey Tchouprinin » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi!
I have a PPP over TCP channel between two hosts. This hosts have their own ISP
so the channel work in public network. I want to provide security for this
channel like ssh do for terminal access.
Please, give me some advices how to do this.
I'll be very thankful for working example.
Thanks

Yours sincerelly, Alexey

Post by Blaz Zup » Tue, 30 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>I have a PPP over TCP channel between two hosts. This hosts have their own ISP
>so the channel work in public network. I want to provide security for this
>channel like ssh do for terminal access.
>Please, give me some advices how to do this.
>I'll be very thankful for working example.

You can run PPP over SSH over TCP. There is a example of how to do this
in /usr/share/examples/ppp/

--

Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia

1. PPP- How to create/connect/attach ppp interface and channel

Hi,
 I am new to Embedded Linux world. Basically, I want to port VxWorks's
- PPPLib functionality. I would like to perform following steps
through my code (C/C++).
I am using Linux kernel 2.4.18-14.

1> Create a PPP Unit (for example /dev/ppp).
2> I want to create a ppp channel on (/dev/ttyS01 - Modem is connected
to this).
3> Attach the ppp channel to the created PPP unit.
4> Configure/change modem settings (Baudrate, etc..) through ioctl
calls.
5> Get the status of this interface.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Bhavin

2. graphics mode in UNIX terminal

3. Does Linux provides everything what Windows OS provides?

4. losing time

5. Does VPN provide adequate security for personal linux machine?

6. VLB Cards (Which ones work? This is nowhere in any FAQ)

7. Once again: Open-Source != Security; PGP Provides Example

8. printer canon bjc 80 print problem

9. IBM-ERS Security Vulnerability Alert: The AIX ftp client interprets server provided filenames

10. TCP/IP problem, Ping providing life support

11. How to provide Dial Up TCP/IP Networking from a Linux to Win98 ?

12. 3rd party applications to provide app security

13. Please provide some advice Linux security Gurus