NIS setup

Post by p.. » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi i'm trying to set up NIS of freeBSD
and i get a weird error when trying to guild maps.
I tried ypinit -m or just running make but allways get the same error
"failed to send 'clear' to local ypserv: RPC time out"
Looks like if my portmapper wasnt running but it is
also when running in drbug mode ypserv says:
"connect from 192.168.1.11:19 to procedure ypproc_domain_noack refused"
I never had that problem with linux or NetBSD, is there's anything
particular in FreeBSD i have to set?

Thanx
Paul Khavkine

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. NIS or NIS + setup

Hi ALL,

      I wonder if NIS+ development on Linux is realy stopped. And if
someone out there has any clue to give me about athoner software
that could substitute NIS/NIS+ function.
      Thanks a lot.

Sandra

2. Problems with IP Masqerading

3. NIS setup question

4. LILO lost when Win3.11 --> Win95

5. NIS setup problem

6. Boot Loader

7. NIS setup problem on Solaris 2.6 5/98

8. Smail and slip

9. NIS + setup

10. NIS setup

11. NIS setup - need source code for yppasswdd

12. NIS Setup Help: "Can't bind to server which serves this domain"

13. NIS Setup