Wierd problem trying to install from "mini" ISO-image

Wierd problem trying to install from "mini" ISO-image

Post by Tuomas Pellonper » Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:00:39

Hi!

I tried to install FreeBSD from the CD ISO-image labelled as "mini." I
already had Debian running on my computer, and I had created a slice, or
more accurately room for slice, for FreeBSD with Debian's fdisk. As I
tried to create partitions, I was told that there is no room for the
root partition, although FreeBSD Disklabel editor said 8001Mb were free.
I managed to solve this problem by switching to "normal" CD ISO-image.

Could you diagnoze from this BRIEF description what the problem could
have been?

Best regards,
Tuomas