Unable to mount FreeBSD partition - segmentation fault

Unable to mount FreeBSD partition - segmentation fault

Post by teri.. » Tue, 06 Feb 2001 02:03:04

I used to be able to mount my FreeBSD partition under Linux using

# mount -t ufs -o ufstype=44bsd /dev/hdb5 /mnt/FreeBSD

I'm not quite sure at what point the problem started, but I'm pretty
sure its after I attempted (unsuccessfully) to update my linux kernel
to 2.4 from 2.2.16.

Before this problem started, I updated what I needed to according to
the /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes doc.

Now I get a segmentation fault if I try to mount the UFS partition.
Then, after the seg fault, any further mount/umount attempt cause the
system to hang (I have to turn the computer off)

I found a similar problem on the net at
<http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0006.1/0322.html> but
no fix.