FreeBSD 2.2.7: Making world and kernel

Post by Georg Wagne » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hallo to all,

I just made the world on my FreeBSD machine (including kernel).

Everything went thru flawlessly. 2.2.7 seems to be a very well done
update.

Regards

Georg

--
Georg Wagner
ITMF-WGR  FS117   Tel. 6 69 92 / +41 (0)1 236 69 92

FreeBSD 2.2.7: Making world and kernel

Post by bswin.. » Sat, 08 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I just did the same and had the same results, well done guys!

One small hitch though and I am not sure that this is a result of cvsupping
to 2.2.7-STABLE. Whenever I add a new port I always run out of memory
during the make install. The box I am doing this on is a PII233 with 64mb
RAM. I get the "Cannot Fork" message over and over again. A "top" reveals
that there are at least 20 different copies of "make" running. This happened
with two different ports. Any clues?

-Bill

Quote:> Hallo to all,

> I just made the world on my FreeBSD machine (including kernel).

> Everything went thru flawlessly. 2.2.7 seems to be a very well done
> update.

> Regards

> Georg

> --
> Georg Wagner
> ITMF-WGR  FS117   Tel. 6 69 92 / +41 (0)1 236 69 92
> Union Bank of Switzerland, Zurich

--

-Bill Swingle

---------------------------
Bill Swingle
Starnet Network Operations

---------------------------

1. Making a new kernel - CVSuped, not made world yet.

Hi,

Last time I made world was about a month ago; last time I CVSuped was
last night.  Would it be advisable to make world before building a new
kernel to add a couple of features.  Note, I haven't made clean in my
kernel build tree and the old object files are still there.

Ian

2. DDS2 tape drive density

3. making world and kernel

4. Cameras and Scaners

5. Am I the only one who gets warning messages when making world and kernel?

6. Creative PCI128

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. VIA chipset

9. Making World ... Risks ?

10. Upgrade 3.4 -> 4.0 without making the world ??

11. What to do when making world...

12. Need help, Stable branch make world fails making make

13. Stable make world fails making make