How to connect to an FTP through an FTP-Proxy.

How to connect to an FTP through an FTP-Proxy.

Post by Oliver Bank » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

i am running FreeBSD 3.2.
I need to connect to external FTP Servers

with PASV mode. How can I do that at the console ?
I want to know that because I want to be able to
let him fetch files automatically if I am installing a port.
Can anyone help me ?

Greetings,
Oliver Bankel alias Grand Moobiey alias G_Moobiey

1. How to set up ftp-proxy for connexions to a NATed FTP server on OBSD 2.9 ?

Hello all,

I have setup a FTP server which stands behind an OBSD box which serves as
firewall AND NAT.

I am able to connect to the server from outside the LAN through the OBSD
box. But I'm am not able to get listings of directory nor transfer of
data though I can change directories.

When I try to get a listing of directories, I get a message that says
that connection was refused on port XXXXX, the numer of the port being
usually a high number in the tens of thousands.

So I understand that it is necessary to setup the ftp-proxy. Someone has
given me a link to an article
(http://www.deadly.org/article.php3?sid=20020130012631)
which says how to do it but for OBSD 3.0 !

I am using OBSD 2.9 so my question is whether the steps to setup
ftp-proxy in OBSD 3.0 are the same and if not what are the differences ?

Thanks in advance.

2. anonymous ftp password record?

3. pf and ftp-proxy rules for active ftp connections

4. help me , I can do nothing

5. ftp setup of RH5.2 thru proxy

6. Expand ~user

7. ftp thru proxy

8. Adore virus and removal of files

9. ftp thru firewall proxy? (SCO 3.2v4.2)

10. RH5.2 ftp installation thru socks proxy

11. Need help on ftp thru proxy

12. Telnet and FTP thru NT Proxy

13. FTP thru Proxy