Securelevel Question

Post by Jean Delane » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi.

When I try to run the kernel at securelevel 0 or more on FreeBSD
3.1-STABLE I can not run XFree86,

even as root.

The error messages is: xf86OpenConsol: KDENABIO failed (Operation not
permited).

Is this normal or is it possible to run XFree86 at anything other than
level -1.

Thank You.
Jean

1. securelevel & chflags question.

hi all,

   I read the manpages ofchflags, but i still donot understand
what is the meaning of archived & opaque flags. Can anyone explaint to me?
The manpages of init, securelevel 2 is "same as secure mode,
plus disks may not be opened for writing (except by mount) whether mounted
or not. ".  but i still donot understand it. anyone can help me?

Regards,
jkng

2. IIS thru IP Masquerading firewall?

3. Is cracking kern.securelevel possible

4. Documentation for libg++ is missing ?

5. HOWTO on setting securelevel?

6. Where is __ucmpdi2 ?

7. Where is securelevel in 2.1.*?

8. Is there a Linux driver for Philips LCD monitor 150B2 ?

9. X and kernel securelevel

10. Synchronising clock with securelevel >0

11. how to change securelevel ?

12. Also relating to securelevel...

13. X and kern.securelevel=1 somehow possible?