internal ADSL modem 3com

Post by Maelstro » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 13:22:12

I am sure this has been asked before but I have an internal ADSL modem from
3com. I would love to setup my box as a gateway but this modem does not work
in fBSD. Does anyone know of a fix (besides buying a new modem) for this
problem.

I have read through the manual and it mentions a fix but it didn't seem to
work for me.

Thanx guys

internal ADSL modem 3com

Post by jp » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:30:55

> I am sure this has been asked before but I have an internal ADSL modem from
> 3com. I would love to setup my box as a gateway but this modem does not work
> in fBSD. Does anyone know of a fix (besides buying a new modem) for this
> problem.

The usual approach is to determine what went wrong up to a point that it's
fixable and then fix that. Simply saying ``IT DOESNT WOK!!!11'' doesn't
really help anyone.

Quote:> I have read through the manual and it mentions a fix but it didn't seem to
> work for me.

That's no concise and short problem description including relevant (parts
of) the configuration, hardware information as appropriate and your
actions and the results thereof in sufficient detail to determine
what went wrong.

Right now, you could have forgotten to put the plug in, or something.