Password Thieves

Post by Steven Harri » Tue, 11 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Check out http://www.pennywize.com for software that will protect your
website from password theives :)

Tested and Build on FreeBSD 2.2.2 with Apache

Steve
Playgal Admin.

1. Protect your website from password thieves

Hi,

I have just found a site that i thought might be useful to all
webmasters out there:

http://www.pennywize.com

It's a piece of software which will monitor and report on account usage
and multiple logins under one account.  It reports instant and historial
statistics via a web page and will also email you if an account has
exceeded a pre-determined number of logins.

Our site uses it and our bandwidth usage has nearly halved!  We had
heaps of fraudulent accounts and now we can stop them within minutes of
them being created.  No longer do we have to search the password.org
sites to see if we have any bad accounts!

Works under any UNIX webserver I understand.

Steve
Playgal Admin.

2. CD automounting

3. Search 'microsoft gates thief liar cheat steal'

4. APIC Error, AMD 1800XP, VIAKT333, UP

5. Lin-thieves

6. Beta testers needed for new web log analysis tool

7. The Linux Community Are A Bunch Of Thieves!

8. Mountpoint permissions question

9. Is flatfish a liar and a thief?

10. S = Oxygen-thief?

11. Apache mod_rewrite to discourage bandwidth thieves

12. Can't set root password- Password busy error -is not due to temp password file

13. BillG: "Hear me, my thieves!"