What is CVS Repository ??

Post by cccc » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Someone gave me FreeBSD Toolkit CDROMs with the words

Disc 1: Release Snapshots [i386 and alpha]
Disc 2: CVS Repository
Disc 3: Packages [a.out format]/Ports Distfiles

What do these disks do ??

Please comment
Thank you

What is CVS Repository ??

Post by Steven G. Kar » Sat, 08 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Someone gave me FreeBSD Toolkit CDROMs with the words

> Disc 1: Release Snapshots [i386 and alpha]

This is the disc from which you can install FreeBSD.  You
can install on either an i386 or alpha architecture.

Quote:> Disc 2: CVS Repository

This disc contains the *complete* source code for FreeBSD.
It also contains a history of the changes to the code over time.

Quote:> Disc 3: Packages [a.out format]/Ports Distfiles

This disc contains a ton of add-on software (both pre-compiled
and source code for your compiling pleasure).  You find wonderful
things like editors, news readers, WWW software, etc.

--
Steve

1. Distributed CVS -- Synchronizing Multiple CVS Repositories

Distributed Concurrent Versions System (DCVS) Technology Preview

   DCVS extends the well-known version control system
   CVS and the file distribution and synchronization program
   CVSup with functionality to distribute CVS repositories
   with local lines of development and handle synchronization of
   the distributed repositories automatically in the background.

   DCVS is completely open source (BSD and GNU license); a
   first technology preview release is now available from
   elego Software Solutions GmbH, Berlin, Germany at

     http://www.elegosoft.com/

   Some information is also available from the product pages of
   CM Magazin, a German language SCM portal site:

     http://www.cmmagazin.de/

   If you have ever wondered how to synchronize your distributed
   CVS repositories and allow local lines of development, this
   is the way to go.

   The sources now available contain only the minimum of
   needed functionality and require some know-how to set up
   correctly; we're currently looking for testers who will
   work with us to stabilize the software before continuing
   development in such areas as easy configuration, setup,
   etc.

   If you are interested in DCVS or willing to participate in
   a beta test phase, please drop us a line.

   DCVS has been developed on FreeBSD 4.6; currently we provide
   binaries for FreeBSD and Linux.
--
elego Software Solutions GmbH                           HRB 77719

Ohmstra?e 9                               Tel: +49 30 40 04 19 29
10179 Berlin                              Fax: +49 30 23 45 86 95
Cranachstra?e 7                           Tel: +49 30 85 58 01 81
12157 Berlin                              Fax: +49 30 85 58 01 88
  ------------------> WWW: http://www.elego-software-solutions.com

2. Problem when installing OpenBSD on an Ultra 5 / SPARC 64

3. CVS repository for common files

4. Xkernel for Sun3

5. CVS repository over ftp?

6. RedHat 5.0 & WD8013

7. CVS-utils/improvements for backups & distributed repositories

8. kernel time/localtime question

9. where to put cvs repository?

10. How to read CVS repository?

11. Creating a CVS repository

12. How to import some RCS files to CVS repository?

13. CVS REPOSITORY