resume in ftp command?

Post by drwh » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a way to resume a download with the FTP command?  IS there a
> download manage like getright for FreeBSD?

I don't remember what the command is for "ftp", but I would strongly
recommend the "ncftp" program (version 2.4.2 seems better tahn the newer
version 3.x).  You'll have to compile it yourself unless someone has
fixed the package the last couple weeks... it would looking for some
library that it wasn't finding, etc... I forget exactly.

But with "ncftp", you can do "get -C filename" to resume.

--
Fight email spam:  http://www.cauce.org/

resume in ftp command?

Post by Dinesh Nai » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Is there a way to resume a download with the FTP command?  IS there a
> download manage like getright for FreeBSD?

try reget <remote_filename>. it should resume at the point it left off
if the ftp server supports it.

--
By the grace of God,            /\_/\   "All dogs go to heaven."

+=======================----oOO--(_)--OOo----=========================+
|for a in past present future; do                                     |
| for b in clients employers associates relatives neighbours pets; do |
| echo "The opinions here in no way reflect the opinions of my $a $b."|
|done; done                                                           |
+=====================================================================+
http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/htbin/pks-extract-key.pl?op=get&search=0x230096E9

1. Alpha DS20 sym53c895-0: command processing resumed

Hey,

Im still trying to get linux on this DS20 Alpha station. As far as SCSI
hardware I have:
(2) SCSI nic cards (symbios)
(1) SCSI raid controller card (mytec-symbios)
(1) Qlogic card...for the CD

Anyone know why when I attempt to boot it locks up right here (Im using
redhat linux 6.1):

sym53c895-0: command processing resumed
sym53c895-1: command processing resumed
sym53c895-2: command processing resumed

Any information on linux and alpha stuff will help to....hehe
Thanks in advance,
Woody

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. samba and firewall question

3. Ftp client with RESUME?

4. recall last command on sh ( bourne )

5. FTP resumed downloads

6. Intel E7205

7. ftp PUT retry/resume?

8. Left handed mouse: still need help

9. ftp "resume"

10. Does anybody know a ftp program support resume?

11. FTP resuming cabability

12. resume aborted ftp download

13. FTP Resume