16650 UART Support

Post by No On » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

    I have a BitSurfr Pro ISDN adaptor and I'm considering adding a
16650 UART to improve the overall throughput at 128Kbps.  I'm sure that
BitSurfr supports up to 230Kbps throughput and the question is: does
FreeBSD support 16650 UARTs?

Thanks,

Ian Huang

16650 UART Support

Post by Philippe Caus » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

: Hi,

:     I have a BitSurfr Pro ISDN adaptor and I'm considering adding a
: 16650 UART to improve the overall throughput at 128Kbps.  I'm sure that
: BitSurfr supports up to 230Kbps throughput and the question is: does
: FreeBSD support 16650 UARTs?

Yes, it does... however, unless you change the frequency of the oscillator
(baud rate generator) you won't be able to go higher than 115200 bps !

PS: You will have to patch your drivers accordingly :-)

: Thanks,

: Ian Huang

P. Causse                       http://www.fdn.fr/~pcausse

1. 16650 UART support ?

Hello,

Does the Linux serial driver support a 16650 UART?  For example, it
has a longer FIFO than a 16550A, I believe, but using the longer FIFO
requires driver support.  If it's not currently supported, is anyone
working on it?  Thanks very much.

Yours,
Wayne Whitney

2. Obtaining Ethernet Address

3. restructuring of filesystems config menu

4. 16650 uart support

5. disk space management

6. 16550 Uarts vs 16650 Uarts!

7. Dummy driver for XFree?

8. Latest Setserial? Looking to support *16650* UARTs...

9. Support for 16650 Uart at 230k?

10. UART 16650 16750 supported ?

11. 16650 UART based boards