Audio tool

Post by Wouter de Boe » Sun, 23 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

I've installed the nas package to play *.au files. But now I see there
is still more to install and configure. I must install a audio server.
There are some references to /tmp/.sockets. in this directory there is a
file audio0= . So what to do with this file ?? How to install the audio
server ?? There are also some references to the /etc/rc file but I can't
find anything in this file where I can find more information ??

Has anybody done this before ?? I want also use this with my fvwm
x-window manager, but first the audio server has to startup.

Can anyboy help me ??

thanks,

        Wouter

Audio tool

Post by Jordan K. Hubbar » Wed, 26 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> I've installed the nas package to play *.au files. But now I see there
> is still more to install and configure. I must install a audio server.
> There are some references to /tmp/.sockets. in this directory there is a
> file audio0= . So what to do with this file ?? How to install the

It's easier than you think.  Simply install the NAS port (or package)
and then do:  auvoxware &
to run the server.  Then do: setenv AUDIOSERVER `hostname`:0
somewhere and off you go.  audemo makes a good test to see if your
client/server comms are working.

--
- Jordan Hubbard
  FreeBSD core team / Walnut Creek CDROM.