2.2.2: segmentation fault when installing packages

2.2.2: segmentation fault when installing packages

Post by Ted Druzhin » Thu, 12 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I encountered a strange problem - just after the installation of 2.2.2 Release
, when i tried to add some packages using /stand/sysinstall over the ftp,
the sysinstall program crashed, dumping core. :-\
Any ideas?
Well, I cleared the partition and repeated the installation.
Everything was fine, I added some packages, but after reboot the problem
repeated: sysinstall crashed again, without even getting the list of
packages from ftp.

--

   Ted Druzhinin.                               2:5030/349

Post by Jukka Lei » Thu, 12 Jun 1997 04:00:00

> I encountered a strange problem - just after the installation of 2.2.2 Release
> , when i tried to add some packages using /stand/sysinstall over the ftp,
> the sysinstall program crashed, dumping core. :-\
> Any ideas?

I'm having same problem. I just get needed packages with ftp and then
use pkg_add.

If You are sending e-Mail; fix my address

1. Segmentation faults with installed packages

I'm running kernel 2.0.27 on a filesystem from an older Slackware. It's
a UMSDOS installation, and I've upgraded device files and a couple of
other things to match the kernel. I have just installed binutils
2.6.0.14 and procps 0.99a, as well as a util called strace (forgotten
the vers.). I have an appropriate libc, which seems to be OK.
   The trouble is, when I try to run strace, ps, pstree, etc and ld,
as,etc on their own to check the version nos, I get 'segmentation
fault'.
They were all installed with an old pkgtool - 2.3.0
Any ideas ?
Cheers - Cremaster.

2. Monitor specs sought: TX 2002

3. segmentation fault with 'n' package apps

4. RH 5.1 and two 3c509B cards.

5. Compiling *** VIM 5.3 *** Segmentation Fault..what is Seg-Fault..MEM Bounds?

6. POSIX meaning

7. Page Faults/Segmentation Faults??

8. IMSP-daemon

9. cannot install any rpm get segmentation fault

10. "segmentation fault" in Debian install

11. installing xfree86 3.3.6 (segmentation fault)

12. Segmentation faults when installing Slakware

13. Segmentation Fault While Installing Slack on 240M HD