Linux's '/sbin/service network restart' equivalent in FreeBSD ?

Linux's '/sbin/service network restart' equivalent in FreeBSD ?

Post by Igor Dombrova » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:56:44

Hi group

After I change say my IP address, what's the fast way to apply the new
settings ? In Linux I used subj.

Thanks in advance.

Linux's '/sbin/service network restart' equivalent in FreeBSD ?

Post by Berk S. Daemo » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:26:41

Quote:> Hi group

> After I change say my IP address, what's the fast way to apply the new
> settings ? In Linux I used subj.

> Thanks in advance.

ifconfig it manually, and/or set in /etc/rc.conf..

If you want though, you can also sh /etc/netstart

Linux's '/sbin/service network restart' equivalent in FreeBSD ?

Post by Thierry Herbelo » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 02:55:18

Hello

you may want to use :

sh /etc/netstart ?

        TfH

1. Linux's equivalent to FreeBSD's 'watch'

I'm familiar with the FreeBSD's 'watch' command where one logged in as
root can monitor and interact with another user's session, but does
anyone know if there's such a util in linux?  I hope so as it can at
times prove to be quite a useful diagnostic tool to help resolve users'
problems (among other uses).

Thanks in advance,

Bill

2. KDE 303: Configurator starts everytime.

3. PSX USB gamepad adaptor? (HID compliant)

4. Periodically have to do 'service network restart'

5. ZDnet "missing" talkback in "The Microsoft penalty that isn't"

6. seeking linux equivalent to 'outportb' and 'inpw', please

7. iPlanet messaging server

8. linux equivalent to 'outportb' and 'inpw', please

9. Equivalent of Win95's 'Network Neighborhood'?

10. How do I 'restart' a 'lex' lexical scanner?

12. what's awk(1)'s equivalent of sed(1)'s `!d' flag?