OpenOffice package

Post by Keve Nag » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 18:10:44

Hello everyone,
Does anybody know if OpenOffice for FreeBSD is available as a PACKAGE,
and if so then where ?

Thanks!

Keve

OpenOffice package

Post by Dave Pimlot » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 19:49:53

> Hello everyone,
> Does anybody know if OpenOffice for FreeBSD is available as a PACKAGE,
> and if so then where ?

http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice

Dave Pimlott.

---
to reply direct, just hit reply.

OpenOffice package

Post by Peter W » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:01:02

> > Hello everyone,
> > Does anybody know if OpenOffice for FreeBSD is available as a
PACKAGE,
> > and if so then where ?

> http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice

The packages have been built on FreeBSD 4.6 STABLE from 11.8.2002
GCC version 3.1.1 Release [FreeBSD]

Do I have to install GCC 3.1.1 to run this build? Will there be any
compatibility issues as GCC 3.x is not fully compatible with 2.9x.

OpenOffice package

Post by Dave Pimlot » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:46:19

> Do I have to install GCC 3.1.1 to run this build? Will there be any
> compatibility issues as GCC 3.x is not fully compatible with 2.9x.

I only have the stock 4.6-stable (updated this week) version of GCC (which
AFAIK isn't 3.X) and I had no problems.  Remember the the package is a
bunch of binaries, not sources - there is nothing to compile...

If you want to build from source, check the Makefile for the dependencies.

Dave Pimlott.

---

Post by Peter W » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 22:12:04

> > Do I have to install GCC 3.1.1 to run this build? Will there be any
> > compatibility issues as GCC 3.x is not fully compatible with 2.9x.

> I only have the stock 4.6-stable (updated this week) version of GCC
(which
> AFAIK isn't 3.X) and I had no problems.  Remember the the package is a
> bunch of binaries, not sources - there is nothing to compile...

Does this build depend on Java? Does it require any JDK? or JRE?

OpenOffice package

Post by Dave Pimlot » Sat, 24 Aug 2002 23:35:48

> Does this [openoffice] build depend on Java? Does it require any JDK? or JRE?

according to
http://www.veryComputer.com/
is yes, however when I went through the install I could choose *not* to use
Java, although I did have both the linux-jdk and native java installed...

As a side note only the linux-jdk can be used (which is a shame but
understandable), and the list of fonts installed isn't enormous - thank god
for the TTFs that come with * OS I've got installed... :)

Dave Pimlott.

---
to reply direct, just hit reply.

OpenOffice package

Post by netnews.kcc.co » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:07:52

hi, how is the performance of this package?

> > Does this [openoffice] build depend on Java? Does it require any JDK? or
JRE?

> according to
> http://www.veryComputer.com/
answer

Post by Dave Pimlot » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 21:25:24

> hi, how is the performance of this package?

it works... it takes a little time to start up (but less time that Word 97
on windows) but after that it is very speedy.  I haven't used it /that/
much but it seems quick enough for me.

Dave Pimlott.

---

Post by Tim Jakobse » Fri, 30 Aug 2002 20:29:13

> on windows) but after that it is very speedy.  I haven't used it /that/
> much but it seems quick enough for me.

I've tried to use Openoffice on fbsd 4.6.2. When trying to start
Openoffice it says: Application AbortTrap and then it shuts openoffice
down. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? or is it a code bug?

--
Regards.,
 Tim