login_getclass errors

Post by Damien » Sun, 18 May 1997 04:00:00

Hmm.  Just setup a new box with FreeBSD 2.2.2-Release from the Walnut
Creek CD-ROM site, and (after discovering that the configuration files
have changed in this version <g>!) I'm having a problem with errors.

Upon login, syslog says:

login:  login_getclass:  Unknown class 'root'

And, periodically, syslog notes:

inetd(###): login_getclass:  Unknown class 'root'

What does this mean?  How should I fix it?

1. login_getclass error after make world

Hello,

I made the world and most everything seems to be working.

But I am getting error messages from cron and inetd:

inetd[435]: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'
etc.

Anybody know what that means and how to fix whatever the problem??

Thanks,

Nick

2. FS: X Window/Motif books

3. Login_getclass error (Urgent)

4. PPP for ATT WorldNet

5. HELP Needed: login_getclass : unknown class 'root' Where is error comming from

6. What happened to xpr?

7. login_getclass ??

8. Linux and Alpha machines

9. login_getclass Prob.

10. login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

11. login_getclass: unknow class 'root'

12. login_getclass

13. login_getclass: unknown class 'root'