FreeBSD and BUslogic 948

Post by K.B. GOSWAM » Wed, 25 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
        I am trying to run FreeBSD 2.1.5 and Buslogic 948  together. At bootup it
sees the controllercard and all the SCSI devices connected to it but then
it hangs up for about 20 min. and then come up with the installation menu.
Where when I try to partition the drive it says NO Harddisk Present.
                        Please help.
                                Thanks.

Sincerely,
K.B. Goswami
Technical Support Engineer

        Telenet System Solutions, Inc.
        P:408-383-0334..ext120
        F:408-383-0335

        http://www.tesys.com
        2338 Kruse Drive, SanJose, CA-95131.

FreeBSD and BUslogic 948

Post by Nathan Scott Johns » Sun, 29 Dec 1996 04:00:00

%       I am trying to run FreeBSD 2.1.5 and Buslogic 948  together. At
% bootup it sees the controllercard and all the SCSI devices connected to
% it but then it hangs up for about 20 min. and then come up with the

I'm not sure that this will solve your problem, but it never hurts (and it
solved a similar problem for me once upon a time).  Make sure that the version
of BIOS on your BT-948 is the newest from BusLogic.  You can verify that your
version is the newest by watching your computer boot.  The card's BIOS will
report its firmware version to you.

If you determine that yours isn't the newest (you need 5.06I, as below), then
ftp to ftp.buslogic.com and look in /pub/flashbios.  I believe this one is the
file you are looking for:

wpflash.exe     Flash Utility & ROM image file for MultiMaster Family of
                Ultra SCSI adapters (BT/KT-948/958/958D only)
                BIOS=4.96F  Firmware=5.06I

Of course, you'll need to boot with a DOS diskette to perform the upgrade.

Hope that helps.

Cheers
nsj