Setting up a DNS (BIND) which forwards dns requests ...

Setting up a DNS (BIND) which forwards dns requests ...

and also keeps a zone file for my local area network.

Post by bard » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 20:27:45

> and also keeps a zone file for my local area network.

Did you search google (or something similar) ?

Post by Miroslav Zubci » Sun, 14 Jul 2002 22:30:36

> and also keeps a zone file for my local area network.

(Speaking only for bind 9x:)

options {
        ... blabla
        forward only;
        forwarders { xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx; xxx.xxx.xxx.xx; };
        ... foo bar ...

Quote:};

        And then put in _your_ local zone files definitions in
        named.conf this:

        forwarders { };

--
This signature intentionally left blank

1. DNS: can I set my dns to forward a web address to another server ?

I have a friend who has a page at xxx.tripod.com

she is having immense problems with NameSecure.com who now is supposed
to be forwarding requests from xxx.com to xxx.tripod.com

i run my own dns, can (and how) do I set it up to resolve requests for
xxx.com to xxx.tripod.com.

(you can ignore the INTERNIC stuff)
--

-bill-

2. SBC Global DSL connectivity

3. Using Win2000 DNS with BIND DNS

4. installation help PLEASE

5. NT dns server request to my LINUX dns server time out

6. Why do WJBell and EF so often hit cola at the same time?

7. DNS client does not sent any DNS request

8. basic question

9. Bind DNS and forwarding from home router

10. NIS+ Forwarding DNS-requests

11. How to setup named.conf to forward request to dynamic DNS servers ?

12. How do I forward DNS request to NIS?

13. DNS requests forwarded by NIS server