rn still available?

Post by Joe Halpi » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Is there a version of rn (not trn) still available for FreeBSD?
Appreciate any pointers.

Joe

rn still available?

Post by Ron Echeverr » Wed, 10 Dec 1997 04:00:00

>Is there a version of rn (not trn) still available for FreeBSD?
>Appreciate any pointers.

Why don't you just run "trn +x +X"?

If you really, really want rn, go to ftp.uu.net:/networking/news/readers/rn.

rone
--

Systems/Usenet Administration           |  the boss of you!  I am the boss of
Best Internet Communications, Inc.      |  you!  I am the boss of you!"

1. Killfiles in RN/RN in general

You have no control key?  How can you edit your messages?  What kind of
terminal is it, a TRS80 Model 1?  (can't be that, it has lower case).
Lowercase "k" will only junk existing messages on the current subject.
Capital "K" will kill that subject.

With rn or trn, you can't read a group without subscribing.  But you can
unsubscribe simply by pressing "u".

 >3. I also recently started reading my email without the menu.

You should be able to delete all the messages by typing 'd *'.
Some systems have two programs called mail and mailx.  Mailx is a little
smarter than mail; it understands commands like 'd 1-10'.

--

Louisville: We've got bourbon that will knock you on your butt.

2. Socket Overhead?

3. Capture stills from JVC Video camera

4. Help on batch

5. Sony camera download stills...

6. Configuring a network card

7. Stopping New Newsgroup Prompt When Start "rn"?

8. Which multiport board to use?

9. rn help!

10. Question about rn KILL file

11. Downloading from within "rn" - can it happen?

12. Are there any freely available Reverse Engineering tools available for 'C' ?

13. Device driver for Lexmark Optra Rn+ Printer