Help with UPS

Post by Robi » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I have a SmartUPS that I would like to connect to my FreeBSD 4.0 box.
Does anyone have any advice as to the best way to do it?  Or can you
point me in the direction of some help?

Thanks,
Robin

Help with UPS

Post by David Burn » Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:00:00

You could try searching the ports collection ...

Or just go straight to  http://www.exploits.org/nut/  (NUT = Network UPS
Tools) which is probably what you're after ...

Regards,
David Burns
(No veal!)

> I have a SmartUPS that I would like to connect to my FreeBSD 4.0 box.
> Does anyone have any advice as to the best way to do it?  Or can you
> point me in the direction of some help?

> Thanks,
> Robin

Help with UPS

Post by Dan O'Conno » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>I have a SmartUPS that I would like to connect to my FreeBSD 4.0 box.
>Does anyone have any advice as to the best way to do it?  Or can you
>point me in the direction of some help?

I use upsmon (/usr/ports/sysutils/upsmon) with my SmartUPS 620...

Just connect the serial cable that comes with the UPS to one of your serial
ports, tell upsmon which serial port you hooked the UPS up to, and you're
all set. The default shutdown timer is set to 5 minutes, but you can set
this manually in the config file.

Good luck!

--
--Dan O'Connor
dan[at]ferrarinet.reno.nv.us

1. PLEASE HELP: compaq UPS how to

Hey,
I'm using: SuSE Linux 7.2
+ compaq proliant ml 350
+ compaq 1000h ups

How do I setup a "Compaq 1000H UPS" with SuSE Linux 7.2?
Please do not direct me to
http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/UPS-HOWTO.html (it was chinese for me)
I have also tried: http://sdb.suse.de/de/sdb/html/tdenis_smartups.html
(without success).

Here is info about the compaq 1000h ups, for those who might help me:
ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/supportinformation/techpubs/user_reference_g...
41253e2.pdf

Many many thanks

2. How to switch to text-mode consoles

3. please help: COMPAQ UPS HOWTO

4. don't want to ... (Sorry, there is a typo.)

5. Need help connecting UPS

6. X Windows

7. HELP--APC UPS

8. Why no more than 640x480?

9. Help with UPS / Serial Ports

10. Can any help with UPS power management?

11. Help: Emerson UPS Accupower Gold

12. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

13. UPS - software driver for the APC Smart UPS - 600 (Please HELP )