SBLive! ??

Post by MaxiGroov » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:34:20

Is it possible to use the SBLive on FreeBSD (with mpg123 to play some
mp3's)?

Greets
MG

SBLive! ??

Post by Dominic Mark » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 04:24:38

> Is it possible to use the SBLive on FreeBSD (with mpg123 to play some
> mp3's)?

> Greets
> MG

You don't say if you've tried to configure your sound or not.

Details please ...

--
Dominic

SBLive! ??

Post by MaxiGroov » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 06:16:34

Well, I didn't try yet, because I only SB64 and 128 saw in the FAQ and other
places, and not SB Live. But I've seen it's possible (by email and another
FAQ) so now I'm going to try to config my FreeBSD

sorry, for my weak English, and this day is the first time FreeBSD is on my
computer :-)

Greets
MG

> > Is it possible to use the SBLive on FreeBSD (with mpg123 to play some
> > mp3's)?

> > Greets
> > MG

> You don't say if you've tried to configure your sound or not.

> Details please ...

> --
> Dominic

SBLive! ??

Post by Jeffrey Drak » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 12:02:09

> Well, I didn't try yet, because I only SB64 and 128 saw in the FAQ and
> other places, and not SB Live. But I've seen it's possible (by email and
> another FAQ) so now I'm going to try to config my FreeBSD

> sorry, for my weak English, and this day is the first time FreeBSD is on
> my computer :-)

> Greets
> MG

>> > Is it possible to use the SBLive on FreeBSD (with mpg123 to play some
>> > mp3's)?

>> > Greets
>> > MG

>> You don't say if you've tried to configure your sound or not.

>> Details please ...

>> --
>> Dominic

You can just add 'device pcm' to your kernel and it works fine out of the
box.
( /usr/src/sys/i386/conf is the location, read up on how to use kernel in
the handbook if you don't know)
Regards,
Jeffrey Drake

SBLive! ??

Post by MaxiGroov » Wed, 22 Aug 2001 18:28:45

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
Greets
MG

> > Well, I didn't try yet, because I only SB64 and 128 saw in the FAQ and
> > other places, and not SB Live. But I've seen it's possible (by email and
> > another FAQ) so now I'm going to try to config my FreeBSD

> > sorry, for my weak English, and this day is the first time FreeBSD is on
> > my computer :-)

> > Greets
> > MG

> >> You don't say if you've tried to configure your sound or not.

> >> Details please ...

> >> --
> >> Dominic

> You can just add 'device pcm' to your kernel and it works fine out of the
> box.
> ( /usr/src/sys/i386/conf is the location, read up on how to use kernel in
> the handbook if you don't know)
> Regards,
> Jeffrey Drake

1. Udma66 and Sblive

Is is possible to configure udma66 disks in rh6 or any other release?
I've got a IBM djna372200 and a be6 motherboard under kernel 2.2.12 now
working in udma33, and is it possible to make sblive work with 2.2.12?

Best regards

Luis Aguiar

2. PPP problem

3. SBLive card causes lockup!

4. need some hand holding w/ fdisk

5. SBLIVE driver problem

6. Establishing direct net acess.

7. sblive hauppauge wintv no sound?

8. What's the solaris equivalent of tset?

9. Help QuickCam Pro+SBLive on my RH8

10. sblive under linux

11. sblive module problem

12. Newbie problem with sblive pci