FreeBSD 4.4 Stable and Windowmaker

Post by Sander Nouwen » Sat, 24 Nov 2001 02:38:12

I've got this annoying problem with FreeBSD 4.4 Stable and Windowmaker 0.70

Bottomline: while installing the following error occurs:

/bin/sh ../../mkinstalldirs /usr/X11R6/lib
.//test: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
.//test: .//test: error: /.libs/lt-test does not exist: not found
This script is just a wrapper for lt-test.: not found
See the libtool documentation for more information.

and the forking continues until /proc fills up.

Funny note is that i'm experiencing the same problems with xmms:

/usr/local/lib -lghttp -L/usr/local/lib
.//test: Cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

What have I tried:

- Installing Windowmaker 0.70 on FreeBSD 4.4 Release from the ports
- Installing Windowmaker 0.70 on FreeBSD 4.4 Release from the sources
- Installing Windowmaker 0.70 on FreeBSD 4.4 Stable from the ports
- Installing Windowmaker 0.70 on FreeBSD 4.4 Stable from the sources

I've tried the same for Windowmaker 0.65.1 and Windowmaker 0.64

- Installing Windowmaker 0.70 on FreeBSD 4.3 Stable from both ports and
source

I removed both libproplist-0.10.1 and libtool-1.3.4_2 and reinstalled those
from the sources. All unsuccessful...

The only way I've got Windowmaker to work was installing Windowmaker 0.64
from /stand/sysinstall.

Other ports and sources install without any problems.

Anyone?

--
Sander Nouwens
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Post by Justin Murdoc » Sun, 25 Nov 2001 00:35:29

> I've got this annoying problem with FreeBSD 4.4 Stable and Windowmaker
> 0.70

> Bottomline: while installing the following error occurs:

 Bottomline: How did you install STABLE ?? Is there a ftp access point
somewhere?

Newsgroups: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Re: FreeBSD 4.4 Stable and Windowmaker
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 02:35:29 +1100