mosaic question(s)

Post by Charlie Sors » Mon, 25 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Some time ago, I posted a query about mosaic for FBSD 3.1.5 and
XF86 for those of us who can't afford motif right now.  Someone
sent e-mail that I can simply install mosaic with pkg_add.  I
thought that I'd tried that some time ago but couldn't recall the
details.  I finally got round to giving it another try while I was
running ppp for something else (so I had network connectivity at
the time).

Here's what happened:

PC% sudo pkg_add /cdrom/packages/www/mosaic-2.7b4.tgz
Warning: Can't open dependency file '/var/db/pkg/libz-1.0.2/+REQUIRED_BY'!
        Dependency registration is incomplete.
Warning: Can't open dependency file '/var/db/pkg/png-0.88/+REQUIRED_BY'!
        Dependency registration is incomplete.
PC%

I'm sorry to say that I'm not sufficiently familiar with pkg_add,
etc. to be able to conclude just what that all means.  This was
from CD 1 of the 2.1.5R distribution from Walnut Creek.

I'd previously tried other pkg_adds for packages not entirely on
the CD and it managed to ftp out to where ever it needed to in
order to get what it needed (e.g. for kermit).

Until I had received the e-mail that I mentioned earlier, I thought
that there was no way that I could install mosaic without motif
(other than to obtain a precompiled binary which is what my
original query was about).

Can someone more knowledgeable than I am clue me in?

And, yes, I know I can use netscape.  I simply like mosaic.

Thanks for any help.

--
Best,

Charlie "Older than dirt" Sorsby                         "I'm the NRA!"

mosaic question(s)

Post by Charlie Sors » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

= Some time ago, I posted a query about mosaic for FBSD 3.1.5 and
= XF86 for those of us who can't afford motif right now.  Someone
= sent e-mail that I can simply install mosaic with pkg_add.  I

Just want to thank all who responded to my query.  I have mosaic
working now.

--
Best,

Charlie "Older than dirt" Sorsby      Los Alamos, NM     "I'm the NRA!"

1. Can't get Mosaic help w Linux Mosaic.

I have been using Mosaic on Linux for many months
to browse the entire universe, thank you very much!

But I have never been able to pull down the help
menu and get anything.  Any attempt to connect to
"www.ncsa.uiuc.edu", where the help is, fails, or at
least takes forever. Are these files on some mirror site?

Any ideas?  Thanks.

2. problems with bridging and ppp

3. Silly X Question on Backspace/Delete (mosaic)

4. Problem running remote X applications or as su to root

5. Mosaic install question

6. Problems to use RH 7 as gateway in a Win 2000 LAN

7. Problem installing netscape (and a Mosaic question)

8. Linking C++ without compiler ?

9. Mosaic [bonehead?] build question

10. 1.1.62 kudos, questions, and problems (script, mosaic)

11. Mosaic Questions

12. Question on Linux Mosaic

13. Newbie Mosaic Questions