Dual-Boot Problem - FreeBSD and FreeDOS

Post by Cameron Haegl » Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:51:41

Earlier this evening I installed FreeDOS Beta 8 and proceeded to install
FreeBSD 5.0. Everything appeared to have been installed without a single
hitch, until I rebooted the system.

Once my systems rebooted I get my two boot options:

F1 DOS
F2 FreeBSD

Only selecting either one results in nothing more that a lot of beeps
emitting from my speaker.

Has anyone seen this before? Did I do something wrong during the
installation process?

Thanks in advance.

Cam

1. Dual-boot FreeBSD and Solaris FROM FreeBSD

http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/multios/multios.html

FreeBSD has a program called BootEasy which allows
you to boot other OS. The above page is pretty useful
although it doesn't talk about Solaris. Solaris 7 doesn't
mess around MBR too much but you have to set its
partition active to boot it up. Man page would also be
a good source of info. Good luck.

--
Charles

2. GET YOUR OWN VIRTUAL SERVER

3. dual-HD, dual-boot problem ... booting Win98 fails on hdb

4. newbie query - saving install messages to a file

5. Which FreeBsd boot sector to use (Dual booting NT/FreeBSD) ?

6. ANSI C compiler

7. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

8. Replacement for xxgdb?

9. dual-boot w/ 2 versions of FreeBSD

10. win98 and freebsd dual-boot?

11. dual-boot Linux/FreeBSD