PPP timeout

Post by Loren School » Tue, 07 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I looked a bit in the archives, but I can't find a way
to time out less than 1 second while in PPP.

I want to test dial 100 times to find dead air modems,
see, and I want to connect and disconnect immediately.
 I could set the init string, but I WANT to connect all
the way. I tried: set timeout .1, nah---
I intend to look at the logs to find my probs

Any idea's on this?

Loren

PPP timeout

 :
 : I want to test dial 100 times to find dead air modems,
 : see, and I want to connect and disconnect immediately.
 :  I could set the init string, but I WANT to connect all
 : the way. I tried: set timeout .1, nah---
 : I intend to look at the logs to find my probs
 :
 : Any idea's on this?

It's not possible at the moment, but for no good reason.
If you want to submit a patch against the latest version
(see http://www.Awfulhak.org/ppp.html), I'll roll it into
the source tree.  It should be pretty straight forward
(look for the switch statement in chat.c).

 : Loren

--

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>

1. PPP timeout.

Hi everybody.

I'm running a small PPP server on my Linux box.  I want to know if
there's a way to make the connection timeout if the user is idle for
say 10, 15 minutes.  Does anyone know how to do this?  Please reply by
email.  Thanks!

2. mountin a scsi zip drive ???

3. PPP timeout

4. Fix for Netscape v3.0x java / appletclassloader problem

5. ppp timeout hangups

6. Gateway 2000 4DX2-66V installation problem (mouse)

7. PPP timeout under RedHat 4.1

8. Kernel rebuild and module error

9. PPP timeouts and multicasts

10. PPP Timeout

11. ppp timeout

12. PPP timeout on first connect attempt; works on subsequent tries

13. PPP timeout