DEC 21041 PCI Ethernet configuration

Post by Mike » Mon, 28 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have a DEC 21041 pci ethernet card in my FreeBSD box, and the kernel
recognizes it on bootup:
de0: <Digital 21041 Ethernet> irq 10 at device 15.0 on pci0
de0: driver is using old-style compatability shims

but ifconfig -a doesn't show the network interface, the only interfaces
I have are: lp0, sl0, ppp0, lo0, gif[0-3], stf0, faith0

what do I need to do to be able to recognize the interface and configure
it?

.epw

1. DEC 21041 chip support with Kingston PCI ethernet

Hi,

I would like to know if the Kingston Technology bus mastering PCI card
called the EtheRx works with the generic DEC 2104x driver.  The
Ethernet HOWTO says that it _may_ run depending on how the
manufacturer programs some GPR.

If the Kingston driver does not work, could you please reccomend
another moderately priced ($50 US) card that I can buy from Datacomm
warehouse that is based on the same chip set.

PS. I am planning on installing Linux for the 1st time ever, and so I
would like to know if I have to reinstall it if I add an ethernet card
later.

Thanks,
Salim

--

"The totalitarian system of thought control is far less effective than the
 democratic one, since the official doctrine parroted by the intellectuals

2. rpm Bug? Help Please!

3. share IRQ of SMC PCI Ethernet Card(DEC 21041) + SCSI Host Adapter

4. ftpserver shutdown

5. Need help with a Linksys PCI Combo Board (DEC 21041 Tulip)

6. modprobe problems

7. Driver for ethernet card with DEC 21041 Chip?

8. xfig and TransFig 3.2.3d (final) released

9. Problem with DEC 21041 based Ethernet card on ASUS PC

10. Help: DEC PCI 21041 Ehternet Card

11. Q:SMC EtherPower 10baseT PCI, with a DEC 21041 chip

12. Mandrake 7.1 kicks DEC 21041 PCI out?

13. DEC 21041 ethernet card on irq 9??