Maximum open files per connection question

Maximum open files per connection question

Post by hernste » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 05:57:59

This question is in regards to this article

http://support.autodesk.com/knowledgebase/html/401087.htm

I was wondering what the maximum number of open files per connection is
allowed when using samba?

thanks!

Steve

(please remove the NO SPAM to reply thanks!)

1. Increasing maximum number of open files per process?

Is there a way to increase the maximum number of open files per process under
HP-UX on a 9000/710?  Its quite simple to do the kernel configuration stuff and
change the size of the system file table so the maximum number of open files
for *all* processes can be made arbitrarily large, but I can't understand why
the limit of 60 open files per process can't be increased as well.

Or is this a Bad Thing, since programs compiled with NOFILE as 60 might get
confused when NOFILE suddenly becomes, for them, larger?  Maybe I'm looking at
this in the wrong way and there is a call that can be made (perhaps requiring
appropriate privileges?) that can increase this limit, in the way something
like ulimit can a process' file size limit?  Thanks!

| Doug Siebert                             | "I don't have to take this abuse |

| ICBM:      41d 39m 55s N, 91d 30m 43s W  |  me!"  Bill Murray, Ghostbusters |
\-----------------------------------------------------------------------------/
This .signature virus exterminated by SigEx, the .signature virus exterminator!

2. error in X-Windows configuration

3. Maximum number of open files per process

4. More advanced I/O

5. How do I change the maximum number of open files per process?

6. ypbind[xxx]: Host name lookup failure?

7. how to increase the maximum of files open per process on sol7

8. Setup NIS Client

9. newbie question: .htaccess per user/per file auth

10. open files/per-process file descriptor

11. Open File Limit of 20 files per user on PLEXUS

12. Maximum inode number per UFS file system

13. How can one increase maximum number of file descriptors per process?