TCP Stack Tunning

Post by <ttds.. » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Dear All,

Could anyone know where I can get access to documentation on how I can tune
the TCP stack? The following specific parameters are those that I want to
fiddle with:

TCP FIN TIMEOUT
TCP MAX SYN BACKLOG
TCP KEEPALIVE TIME

Any help is deeply appreciated.

-daniel.

1. Packets from bottom of TCP/IP stack direct to application bypassing stack

Hello Everyone

I am working on a ADSL modem and have the following situation that I
would like to have some advice on.

I need to filter out some packages in the lower level of the network
stack. There are 2 types of packages: [eth | ppp | ip | udp] and [eth
| ip | udp], the data in these packages are the same and they can be
identified with the first 16 bits in the UDP data.

I have manage to catch these packages in the /net/core/dev.c file and
function netif_rx(...) with the 16 bit ID so I have the packages.

Now for my question: How do I in an easy way get these packages
directly to my application without using the network stack. I need
BOTH of these packages to reach there and if I use socket the one with
PPP get thrown away somewhere and that is not so good.

I know this is not a very specific question and a little vague but
some advice and pointers would be appreciated.

Regards
Andreas

2. Changing an IP address

3. How to tell an application to use a custom tcp/ip stack instead of tcp/ip stack from linux?

4. tcsh for sun4 solaris 2.1

5. linux tcp/ip stack as a module...insmod problems

6. PCMCIA SCSI Support Questions

7. Solaris TCP stack adjustments - repost

8. How does waitpid() work?

9. 2.0.38 What kind of TCP-Stack?

10. tcp stack problem?

11. Criticism of solaris2.x tcp/ip stack

12. TCP/IP stack for Wabi 2.2

13. TCP/IP - stacks?