corrupt passwd file

Post by rich » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I need some help.
I have taken a new position at an isp and one of
the nameservers cannot be logged in a root.
I can access via a differnet user but not to root.
How can I reset the root password.

Richard

corrupt passwd file

Post by Andrew Bacch » Wed, 10 May 2000 04:00:00

You will find all the answeres to this in the FAQ.  Boot to single user
mode mount the root file system and change the root password.  Of course
you will have to kick off all the users while you do this.

http://www.freebsd.org/FAQ/admin.html#AEN2159