I'm really having a problem with getting DHCP to work with my
Mediaone Cable Modem connection. I have tried multiple options. I'm
pretty new to FreeBSD so I'm looking for some help if possible. Here
is what I've attempted so far.
The OS I'm using is FreeBSD 3.1. I have installed the DHCP
service. Next I left the (dhclient.conf) file empty, no results.
Then I used an example from someone using Road Runner cable modem
service in San Diego to no avail. I then statically put the IP
address and gateway in which worked fine. Although I don't want to do
this everytime. The lease on my IP is 5 days :^)
I would really like some help if at all possible!