QT lib problems, need help..

Post by Max Anderso » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

QT, the graphics lib.. I'm haveing problmes installing.. it gets quite a
ways through the "make" process... and then it errors on alot of
files... with the error tsort: kernel/qimage.o
tsort: kernel/qpainter.o
tsort: kernel/qwidget.o
I'm getting frustrated with this error.. if someone could help me please
let me know!
Max Anderson

QT lib problems, need help..

Post by Bill Pa » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Daring to challenge the will of the almighty Leviam00se, Max Anderson

: QT, the graphics lib.. I'm haveing problmes installing.. it gets quite a
: ways through the "make" process... and then it errors on alot of
: files... with the error tsort: kernel/qimage.o
: tsort: kernel/qpainter.o
: tsort: kernel/qwidget.o
: I'm getting frustrated with this error.. if someone could help me please
: let me know!
: Max Anderson

These are not the error messages you're looking for.

The 'tsort' messages are actually okay. The real problem is that
somehow, the auto-generated Makefile that's created to compile the
'src' directory (where the library lives) is screwed up. In my case
when I compiled qt-1.40, the linker command did not actually include
'ld' in it. If you're up to it, just hack the Makefile and recompile.
If not, I'd recommend using the QT port, which should apply any
necessary patches and build everything for you automagically.

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (212) 854-6020 | System Manager, Master of Unix-Fu

"Mulder, toads just fell from the sky!" "I guess their parachutes didn't open."

QT lib problems, need help..

Post by Rajat Dat » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>If not, I'd recommend using the QT port, which should apply any
>necessary patches and build everything for you automagically.

I'm in the middle of trying the QT-1.40 port and am getting error
messages.  Sigh!  Will post more once I figure out what's going on.

rajat

QT lib problems, need help..

Post by Rajat Dat » Mon, 27 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>>If not, I'd recommend using the QT port, which should apply any
>>necessary patches and build everything for you automagically.

>I'm in the middle of trying the QT-1.40 port and am getting error
>messages.  Sigh!  Will post more once I figure out what's going on.

Well, I can't recreate the error anymore, and I don't know what's
changed to fix it.  I was getting an error with QImageDrag::QImageDrag
not being found when building one of the examples.

qt-1.40 port builds fine with some warning messages from the assembler
when compiling qimage.cpp and names like _write_bmp_image__FP8QImageIo
should be external, etc.

rajat

QT lib problems, need help..

Post by Chad O Hulber » Tue, 28 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> QT, the graphics lib.. I'm haveing problmes installing.. it gets quite a
> ways through the "make" process... and then it errors on alot of
> files... with the error tsort: kernel/qimage.o
> tsort: kernel/qpainter.o
> tsort: kernel/qwidget.o
> I'm getting frustrated with this error.. if someone could help me please
> let me know!
> Max Anderson

    There's a problem with the 'freebsd-g++-shared' definitions that
propagate throughout the the hierarchy.  Get the following file and
replace the one in ./configs

        http://www.troll.no/platforms/fixes/freebsd-g++-shared

    Should compile fine with that.