can I use the logitech quickcam express under freebsd 4.3??

Post by akha » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:33:22

can I use the logitech quickcam express under freebsd 4.3??

can I use the logitech quickcam express under freebsd 4.3??

Post by Pau » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 05:46:02

Quote:> can I use the logitech quickcam express under freebsd 4.3??

Thanks to Logitech for not sharing data like Quickcam used to do, there
is no driver for it that I know of. Check the site in my signatrure and
go to the helpdesk page. There is a link to more info on what camera's
are supported there.

take care
--
  __
 /_/             Creator/Maintainer

1. Logitech Quickcam Express USB camera.

            Has anyone _SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED_,and is actually USING
the
LOgitech QuickCam Express USB camera with Red Hat 7.1? I've gone to
sourceforge,
downloaded and complied the drivers, etc. However, the installation
instructions
are rather skimpy.  Please see:

http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net/install.html

            I'm running Red Hat 7.1 with Ximian-Gnome with the most
recent updates
installed via Ximian's Red Carpet. This is a stand-alone system,
connected to
the Internet via cable modem. Kernel verxion is 2.4.2.

        Hardware: AMD-KII/500, 128 Mb System RAM, 32 Mb nVIDIA PCI card,
Viewsonic 17 monitor. USB devices on my system: Logitech Quickcam
Express USB Camera, Logitech Optical mouse, Epson 610 U flatbed scanner,
and Epson Stylus Color 777 USB printer. Through the kind help of other
linux users, I have the scanner working along with the mouse and
printer.
All four usb devices are attached to a Keyspan 4-port hub.

        Naturally, all four usb devices install easily and work in
Windows2000 Pro
without any problems.

       So far, my efforts with the QuickCam have been exhausting,
frustrating, and
TOTALLY unsuccessful. I regret to say to the linux devotees, that since
switching to
linux, I seem to have more and more recourse to using Windows**** ...
:-(

                Dare I hope for the day when I can run a linux -only
system?

        Some guidance and assistance in _successfully_ setting up this
camera to
work with LINUX on my system would be greatly appreciated!

            respectfully,

            Elton Woo.

--
         Have you been counted? See http://counter.li.org

        Registered Linux User #193975. AMD-K2 CPU on board.
"You only live once, so let's make life easier for each other."

2. MS Mouse problem

3. Logitech Quickcam Express/Canon Canoscan 600

4. catenate after "" in CShell variable

5. Logitech Cordless Trackman and QuickCam Express

6. What C/C++ compiler comes with the X86 Solaris?

7. Logitech Quickcam Express

8. Redhat - initrd.img ?????

9. Anyone running Logitech QuickCam Express?

10. Logitech Quickcam express USB

11. Drivers for Logitech Quickcam Express

12. Logitech QuickCam Express

13. Xamian on FreeBSD 4.3 || X 4.1.0 on FreeBSD 4.3