EATA-DMA Drivers

Post by Bruce Roh » Mon, 19 May 1997 04:00:00

Does anybody know if a driver for the DPT SmartRAID controllers will
be out any time soon. Right now my only choices for operating systems
are BSDi, Linux, or NT!
NT (Not There) is a unstable pile of &*%$!
BSDi is to HIGH! $$$
Linux has the kernal drivers. And Linux is ok, but I'd rather run
FreeBSD

Bruce Rohde

Alpha Intranet Solutions

1. Possible EATA-DMA SCSI/SMP/Cyrix 6x86 boot crash on 2.1.30?

Last night, I compiled 2.1.30 on my machine and it crashed while booting.  It
seemed to happen just after my IDE driver was initialized and before my SCSI
driver was initialized.  I'm using the EATA-DMA SCSI driver with SCSI CD-ROM
and SCSI tape support modularized, but SCSI disk support compiled into the
kernel.

Since 2.1.30 is built with SMP enabled by default, I got suspicious and
recompiled the kernel *without* SMP support.  Then, it all worked fine.

I have a Cyrix 6x86 P-166+ on a Tyan Titan I motherboard.  When the kernel
first booted, it gave me OEM numbers for "Pentium 1" and "Pentium 2".  Is it
always supposed to do this even though I only have one processor?  Could the
SMP code be confused because I have a Cyrix 6x86 chip?

Why is SMP the default now?

I couldn't save the ooops traces because they fly by on my screen too fast.
And since my SCSI never got initialized, it never got written to disk.  I guess
it's hard to write to /var/adm/syslog if the SCSI drivers crash.  :)

-Ryan Moore

2. Enlightenment (again)

3. RedHat 3.0.3 + EATA-DMA = No go

4. graphics card

5. ELF and EATA-DMA

6. help with a regex(5) expression

7. Any idea on EATA-DMA support on Redhat 4.0??

8. Auth Modules for apache--->NT/2000 Domain

9. EATA-DMA Broken in 2.1.X

10. Red Hat 2.1 support of EATA DMA SCSI controller

11. Eata driver vs Eata_Dma driver

12. aha1542 driver vs DMA, dvr=1,DMA=0