IRC & Ident's

Post by Tim Bisho » Sun, 07 May 2000 04:00:00

I'm running FreeBSD 4.0 as a router using Userland-PPP with a 56k modem.
This all works fine for most web stuff. The problem is coming when I try to
access an Efnet IRC server from one of my workstations running windows. I've
got a feeling it could be a problem with the ident, but I'm not entirely
sure.

I'm sure other people have got this to work, it seems very basic ;-) Any
help would be appreciated.

Tim Bishop.

IRC & Ident's

Post by Frederic Nicola » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Yup,
It's port 113 (auth)
Route this one or install identd on your bsd.

Fred.
ps: be careful, most of irc server check the port 1080 (socks), if you
responding, you'll be rejected.
irc server hate socks !! :-)

Quote:> I'm running FreeBSD 4.0 as a router using Userland-PPP with a 56k modem.
> This all works fine for most web stuff. The problem is coming when I try
> access an Efnet IRC server from one of my workstations running windows.
I've
> got a feeling it could be a problem with the ident, but I'm not entirely
> sure.

> I'm sure other people have got this to work, it seems very basic ;-) Any
> help would be appreciated.

> Tim Bishop.

IRC & Ident's

Post by Jordan Krushe » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

Not true - they hate /open/ SOCKS proxies.  Just having one won't tend to
abort your connection, unless the person coding the ircd was a complete
twit.

J.

Quote:> Yup,