FTP User

Post by Marc Overm » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Is there any way to create an FTP user that is restricted to a single
directory?

TIA<

Marc

FTP User

Post by Ollivier Robe » Fri, 12 Jul 1996 04:00:00

> Is there any way to create an FTP user that is restricted to a single
> directory?

Use the "guestgroup" feature of wu-ftpd 2.4. You put people in a special group
and when they log with ftp, they will be in a chroot()-ed directory. You'll
have to populate their bin/ directory and put at least ls here.
--

Usenet C*Historique

FTP User

Post by Dmitry Vaul » Sat, 13 Jul 1996 04:00:00

: Is there any way to create an FTP user that is restricted to a single
: directory?

  wu-ftp can provide this.  User has ftp account in some single directory
and has no any valid shell.

WBR!

--
Dmitry Vaulin, Ural RELCOM Ltd.

1. How to create a ftp user such as FTP/anonymous???

Hi,
I know how to setup userid=FTP or anonymous.  But I don't know how to setup
another ftp users have the same ftp restriction such as FTP or anonymous.
Normally, userid=FTP has a lot of restriction during ftp (eg. During ftp,
FTP home directory as the system server root, seem to be a virtual root.
During ftp, FTP user cannot go outside from FTP home directory).  I had
already follow the same procedure as FTP to setup other userid but it
didn't work.  When I use "cd /" during ftp, the user can go to the real
server root.  It is hard for me to protect the server.  Please Help!!!  Or
have any idea/suggestion???
Thanks,
Frank

2. Nuts

3. Fake root for ftp-user other than "ftp/anonymous"?

4. Have anyone installed JBuilder6.0 Personal on redhat7.1?

5. Guest ftp users are not located in their wu-ftp home directory

6. interruptible_sleep_on() problem...

7. (SUMMARY) Fake root for ftp-user other than "ftp/anonymous"?

8. Multiple Port NIC

9. How to put ftp user restriction on other users

10. chroot ftp users while leaving some freedom to some special user

11. wu-ftpd and ftp user

12. virtual FTP users

13. Help for create a FTP user