Commercial Support on FreeBSD

Post by Fran » Sat, 13 Oct 2001 19:30:50

Hi Guys !

I saw someone was looking for Commercial support on freeBSD so the person was pointed to:

http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/consulting.html

As it turns out, a number of these links are really out of date and broken.
Also, sum of these vendors run AIX or Linux as their webservers.

It is not a troll, rather a reminder that it is perhaps time to update that website to
make sure people interested in commercial support will get up to date correct info.

cheers:

--
365 days uptime, fast & virus free = SuSE Linux Professional with Reiserfs.
http://www.suse.com

Commercial Support on FreeBSD

Post by Steve O'Hara-Smit » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 04:41:31

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:30:50 +1300

        That's one place to send spam, but I'll bet he has a good filter.

--
    Directable Mirrors - A Better Way To Focus The Sun

                        http://www.best.com/~sohara

Post by Bill » Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:59:00

> On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:30:50 +1300

> That's one place to send spam, but I'll bet he has a good filter.

> --
>     Directable Mirrors - A Better Way To Focus The Sun

> http://www.best.com/~sohara

4 sure

--
365 days uptime, fast & virus free = SuSE Linux Professional with Reiserfs.
http://www.suse.com

1. Wanted: commercial support for FreeBSD or Linux

The company I work for has a client that is setting up an NFS server
for a network of PC's.  They would like to use Linux or FreeBSD,
and in fact have set up a Linux system on a trial basis and are
quite impressed with it.

However, reliability is a large issue for them, and they need
high quality technical support.  I am looking for companies
that provide such support for FreeBSD or Linux.  If you know of one,
or are one, please let me know.

I'm also interested in hearing about testimonials from folks
who have used FreeBSD or Linux as a high demand NFS server
in a commercial setting.

Thanks,
Dave
--
Spam, spam, David Hovemeyer, and spam|http://www.infocom.com/~daveho|FreeBSD!!!
GeekCode3.0 GCS d- s: a-- C+++ UB++++(+)$ P++>+++ W--(+) N++ K? !w V tv-- b+ h+

2. Via sound on new laptops

3. COMMERCIAL: Qddb support and commercial binaries available

4. via vt82c694t northbridge specs

5. rw UFS support under Linux, EXT2FS support under FreeBSD

6. Migrating 3.2.4.2 to a new server

7. COMMERCIAL: SLICKEDIT (leading commercial editor) NOW ON LINUX!

8. SCSI Cheap/Supported?

9. FreeBSD in a commercial product

10. Where to find commercial-quality software for FreeBSD?

11. Commercial compiler for FreeBSD (advocacy campaign)

12. Serious question on Freebsd vs Linux - which is closer to commercial Unix?

13. Return to Topic: Where to find commercial-quality software for FreeBSD?