Cyrix 6x86 motherboard

Post by ATL R& » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Is there anyone out there using Cyrix 6x86 motherboard and running FreeBSD?
I would like your feedback before upgrading my system.

Thank you in advance.

(PS. would appreciate your reply by e-mail)

--Vijay

Cyrix 6x86 motherboard

Post by Matt Bancro » Thu, 16 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Hi,

: Is there anyone out there using Cyrix 6x86 motherboard and running FreeBSD?
: I would like your feedback before upgrading my system.

: Thank you in advance.

It ran fine on my Cyrix 6x86 150MHz machine with 32meg of ram. After it wiped
out my dos partition i switched to BSDI. You may want to took at accelerated X
from XInside (http://www.xinside.com) if you plan on using X Windows with
motif or a video card that isnt supported by XFree86....

: (PS. would appreciate your reply by e-mail)

: --Vijay

1. Cyrix 6x86, motherboard, Linux...

There is a local retail shop selling a Cyrix 6x86-P150+ for $459 (!) with a
PCI motherboard.  I use Linux extensivly on my old i486DX-50, and I don't
think I could part with it.  Will Linux run on these new processors/
motherboards??? Would there be any [in]compatibility problems??? Would I need
to patch the kernel for them at all??? (Like the 5x86's did)

Thanx,
Adam Fritzler

2. How to connect an Apple LaserWriter printer to my PC box through the parallel port

3. Cyrix 6x86 and AMD/NexGen PCI Motherboard with Nx586

4. Crack for PC

5. Cyrix 6x86 CPU & Motherboard

6. How much HDD space required for freeBSD

7. Cyrix 6x86

8. Receiving mail/procmail?

9. CPU detection for Cyrix 6x86

10. Kernel pb RH 6.1 / Cyrix 6x86

11. Linux running slower on Cyrix 6x86 ?

12. Cyrix 6x86 faster than Pentium in Linux ?

13. Cyrix 6x86 and Linux