UUCP Woes - help!

Post by Dan Benjami » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

All,

Having an odd problem I've never encountered before.

Running two FreeBSD 2.2.6-R systems, trying to use UUCP to transfer mail
vetween the two (a long story as to why).

Sendmail and UUCP are working fine, connectivity is fine, but actually
getting box-a to correctly log in to box-b seems to be failing.

This is a detailed problem, and rather than waste bandwidth over this
issue, I'm looking for someone willing to correspond via an e-mail or
two.

Thanks!

-Dan B

1. CD-RW mounting woes in Mandrake 7.0 woe oh woe oh woe!

I hate to ask the often answered, but I have a TDK VeloCD CD-RW in my PII
233 machine installed as a master on the secondary IDE. I'm running
Mandrake-linux 7.0, and of course I get the bad link problem. I have run the
fix suggested on Mandrake's Web-page, but I can't figure a way to make the
fix either permenant or automatic. The fix (in case you haven't seen it is
to run "cdrecord -scanbus" to check for the presence of a working CD-RW,
then to type "cd /dev && rm cdrom && ln -s scd0 cdrom" in a terminal) This
fix works but there's got to be a better way...any thoughts.

2. LVS and Redhat 7.2

3. XF86 Config set-up woes & woes & woes

4. desktop publishing

5. UUCP woes

6. HP-LJetIII, margins and A4..

7. ESIX SVR4 UUCP WOES

8. DIP: tty_open: Can't get current state ????

9. taylor uucp woes with busy signales

10. HDB uucp woes..

11. Taylor UUCP woes

12. Response to ESIX SVR4 UUCP WOES