HTTPS - Daemon Question

Post by Stephen H. Kapi » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

My problem has been with getting http and https running at the same
time.  I thought that installing :80 and :443 for each virtual host
would do it. But it isn't working.

An ISP I know is running two Apache daemons. One for port 80 and the
https daemon for port 443.  I'm sure this would work for me. Is this how
it's supposed to be done?

I'm running freebsd/mod-ssl on an Intel system.

Thanks.

Stephen

HTTPS - Daemon Question

Post by S.C.Spro » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>My problem has been with getting http and https running at the same
>time.  I thought that installing :80 and :443 for each virtual host
>would do it. But it isn't working.

Hmm, that is a very httpd specific question. I think that the newsgroup
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix is a better place to ask than this
one.

Good luck,
scsprong

HTTPS - Daemon Question

Post by J Wuns » Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> My problem has been with getting http and https running at the same
> time.  I thought that installing :80 and :443 for each virtual host
> would do it. But it isn't working.

Qualify "isn't working", please.  Which error messages, what isn't
working?

This very same setup is working fine for me (where both servers are
fairly idle and used only for some private access, with the SSL setup
allowing a secure access to an email CGI).

I've got something like

Listen 80
Listen 443
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/data
SSLDisable
<VirtualHost *:443>
SSLRequireSSL
SSLEnable
DocumentRoot /usr/local/www/sdata
</VirtualHost>

in httpsd.conf.  Note that you do want to disable SSL in the normal
server directories :), so only the port 443 virtual server will
require SSL.

--
cheers, J"org

1. HTTPS Daemon Question

My problem has been with getting http and https running at the same
time.  I thought that installing :80 and :443 for each virtual host
would do it. But it isn't working.

An ISP I know is running two Apache daemons. One for port 80 and the
https daemon for port 443.  I'm sure this would work for me. Is this how
it's supposed to be done?

I'm running freebsd/mod-ssl on an Intel system.

Thanks.

Stephen

2. Postfix with static IP only

3. NCSA http daemon question?

4. X-Windows

5. ping doesn't use my network driver

6. HTTP/1.0 vs HTTP/1.1 question

7. Soundblaser hisses under Linux

8. Apache Proxy question: HTTP/1.1 -> HTTP/1.0

9. apache http proxy - http/1.0 vs http/1.1

10. caching HTTP daemon?

11. http daemon for SCO?

12. HTTP daemon