Network hang in 4.5 stable

Post by granit » Sun, 03 Feb 2002 22:37:19

Hello all
with following message

proftpd[1243] no module loaded for ftp service

network hangs.
my system is dual pIII 1GHz, CUV4X-DLS,
1G ram, on board 82559 ethernet controller.
Currently proftpd, sshd, smbd work in stand alone mode

Network hang in 4.5 stable

Post by Lee Ha » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 08:21:38

Quote:> proftpd[1243] no module loaded for ftp service

> network hangs.

Sounds like a problem with pam.
Take a look at /etc/pam.conf
man pam

1. Upgrading 4.5 Release to 4.5 STABLE

Hi,

I have upgraded my firewall  using ipfilter with ipnat capablity.
Buildworld process went through smoothly.   But when booting with the
upgraded kernel, booting hangs at the "Local package initialization" ..but
if I hit CTRL-C, it will finish booting and let me log in, without user
intervention, it hangs.

The good part is the firewall allows traffic going in and out, does anyone
know how to get around this problem?

Thanks so much in advance.

Dan

2. sendmail and NIS+

3. 2 B-channels with isdn4bsd

4. FBSD 3.1 Stable and Netscape Comm 4.5 Problem

5. BIOS detects virus, avail. RAM problems!

6. 4.5-STABLE locking-up repeatedly

7. Finding where a user is logged in from

8. zebra and FreeBSD 4.5-stable

9. FreeBSD 4.5-Stable

10. FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE i18n issues

11. Sensible keymap for emacs (4.5-STABLE)

12. 4.5 Stable system crashing