Agfa SnapScan USB Scanner

Post by Rasaki Bidemi Bolanle Temidir » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 14:55:46

Hi,

I am trying to Agfa Snapscan 1212u USB scanner to work under FreeBSD.  The
version that I am running is FreeBSD 4.7-RC #0.  The dmesg command shows
me that the kernel picks up on the scanner and sees it as device
/dev/uscanner0:

ohci0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem 0xde000000-0xde000fff irq 12 at device 2.0 on pci0
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: AcerLabs OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
uscanner0: AGFA  SNAPSCAN, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/9.10, addr 3, iclass 3/1
ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.

When I run usbdevs, I get the following output:

addr 1: OHCI root hub, AcerLabs
 addr 2: SNAPSCAN, AGFA
 addr 3: USB Receiver, Logitech

Yet when I try to use the scanner, scanimage refuses to recognize it:

temidire# scanimage -d agfafocus:/dev/uscanner0
scanimage: open of device agfafocus:/dev/uscanner0 failed: Invalid argument

This was after adding "usb /dev/uscanner0" to the
/usr/local/etc/sane.d/agfafocus.conf.

Can anyone tell me what it is that I am missing?  Does this scanner just
not work under sane?  I am sure that it is in the list of supported
scanner.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bidemi Temidire

Agfa SnapScan USB Scanner

Post by Ryan Bud » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:22:06

Quote:> Hi,

> I am trying to Agfa Snapscan 1212u USB scanner to work under FreeBSD.  The
> version that I am running is FreeBSD 4.7-RC #0.  The dmesg command shows
> me that the kernel picks up on the scanner and sees it as device
> /dev/uscanner0:

> ohci0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> mem 0xde000000-0xde000fff irq 12 at device 2.0 on pci0
> usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
> usb0: <AcerLabs M5237 (Aladdin-V) USB controller> on ohci0
> usb0: USB revision 1.0
> uhub0: AcerLabs OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1
> uhub0: 2 ports with 2 removable, self powered
> uscanner0: AGFA  SNAPSCAN, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 2
> ums0: Logitech USB Receiver, rev 1.10/9.10, addr 3, iclass 3/1
> ums0: 5 buttons and Z dir.

> When I run usbdevs, I get the following output:

> addr 1: OHCI root hub, AcerLabs
>  addr 2: SNAPSCAN, AGFA
>  addr 3: USB Receiver, Logitech

> Yet when I try to use the scanner, scanimage refuses to recognize it:

> temidire# scanimage -d agfafocus:/dev/uscanner0
> scanimage: open of device agfafocus:/dev/uscanner0 failed: Invalid argument

> This was after adding "usb /dev/uscanner0" to the
> /usr/local/etc/sane.d/agfafocus.conf.

> Can anyone tell me what it is that I am missing?  Does this scanner just
> not work under sane?  I am sure that it is in the list of supported
> scanner.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks in advance.

> Bidemi Temidire

Yes... It is supported in the CVS version that is for sure.  Check out
panda.mostang.com/sane  it has been updated quite a bit.  There is a
new version comming out 20 October according to the mailing list.  I
am waiting too...

Somewhat OT : Does anyone think that is a libusb problem ?  I have
serious issues with it.  I call the init function in the test program
and i find no devices.  Although my Cannon Scanner is found by usbdevs
and the kernel ?

Any ideas ?
Ryan

1. USB Scanner Pb (Agfa SnapScan 1212U)

Hi

I've got the USB support build as module (I am using a RedHat v6.1 and the
kernel 2.2.14 with the backport of USB from kernel 2.3.39)
The driver correctly recognizes the Scanner but I can't use it with SANE.
How can I do ?

Thanks in advance for any help

Olivier

2. Compaq SmartStart

3. USB Scanner (AGFA SnapScan 1212u) and SANE?

4. Firewall input chain rule "ACCEPT ALL"???

5. usb scanner agfa snapscan e25 install and configuration

6. Support your OS

7. Problems with configuration of agfa snapscan touch scanner

8. BOOTP and 2.4.14

9. Searching for Scanner driver: Agfa SnapScan

10. Scanner Agfa Snapscan e20

11. Agfa Snapscan Touch USB

12. agfa focus color (agfa-scanner)

13. Troubles with snapscan USB scanner