sf0: watchdog timeout with ANA-62022 nic

sf0: watchdog timeout with ANA-62022 nic

Post by Mathias Bürkli » Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:46:47

hello ng,

I got FreeBSD installed on one of my boxes, also I compiled the kernel
for SMP-support. When I change the kernel to smp, the network-card can't
get any connections to any computer and I receive this message:
sf0: watchdog timeout

I found something on the internet that this problem may occur when there
are interrupt-conflicts, so I disabled pnp in BIOS, but the problem
persists.

Last but not least, the problem is gone, when I boot the
single-processor-kernel. In this mode the card functions wheter pnp is
enabled or not.

Has anybody experience with this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mathias Brklin

Post by Lowell Gilber » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:00:01

> I got FreeBSD installed on one of my boxes, also I compiled the kernel
> for SMP-support. When I change the kernel to smp, the network-card
> can't get any connections to any computer and I receive this message:
> sf0: watchdog timeout

> I found something on the internet that this problem may occur when
> there are interrupt-conflicts, so I disabled pnp in BIOS, but the
> problem persists.

> Last but not least, the problem is gone, when I boot the
> single-processor-kernel. In this mode the card functions wheter pnp is
> enabled or not.

> Has anybody experience with this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

These issues vary tremendously depending on the version of the OS
you're running.  I recommend updating to the latest of whatever branch
you're using, and then asking on the appropriate branch mailing list
if you still have problems.